Christmas is a time of joy, love, and celebration. It is a time when families come together to create lasting memories and share in the festive spirit. One of the most beloved traditions of this holiday season is the decoration of homes with beautiful ornaments and lights. And what better way to add a touch of sweetness to your Christmas decor than with candy? In this article, we will explore the world of Christmas decorations candy, its history, popular choices, and creative ways to incorporate it into your holiday festivities.
The History of Christmas Decorations Candy
Candy has been a part of Christmas celebrations for centuries. The tradition of hanging candy canes on Christmas trees dates back to the 17th century in Germany. According to legend, a choirmaster in Cologne, Germany, created the first candy canes to keep children quiet during the long Christmas nativity service. He shaped the candies into a shepherd’s crook to remind the children of the shepherds who visited baby Jesus.
Over time, the tradition of hanging candy canes on Christmas trees spread to other parts of Europe and eventually to the United States. Today, candy canes are a staple of Christmas decorations and are available in various flavors and colors.
Popular Choices of Christmas Decorations Candy
When it comes to Christmas decorations candy, there are numerous options to choose from. Here are some popular choices:
- Candy Canes: As mentioned earlier, candy canes are a classic choice for Christmas decorations. They come in various flavors such as peppermint, cherry, and even chocolate. Candy canes can be hung on Christmas trees, used as table centerpieces, or given as sweet treats to guests.
- Chocolate Ornaments: Chocolate ornaments are not only delicious but also visually appealing. They can be shaped like traditional Christmas symbols such as Santa Claus, reindeer, or snowflakes. These ornaments can be hung on trees or used as edible decorations on dessert tables.
- Gingerbread Houses: Gingerbread houses are a popular Christmas tradition that combines the joy of baking and decorating. These edible houses can be adorned with colorful candies, gumdrops, and icing to create a festive and delicious centerpiece for your home.
- Marshmallow Snowmen: Marshmallow snowmen are a fun and easy DIY project for both kids and adults. All you need are marshmallows, pretzel sticks, and some icing. Stack the marshmallows on top of each other, use pretzel sticks for arms, and decorate with icing to create adorable snowmen.
- Peppermint Bark: Peppermint bark is a delightful treat that can also be used as a Christmas decoration. It is made by layering melted white and dark chocolate and sprinkling crushed candy canes on top. Once it hardens, it can be broken into pieces and displayed in decorative bowls or jars.
Creative Ways to Incorporate Christmas Decorations Candy
Now that we have explored some popular choices of Christmas decorations candy, let’s dive into creative ways to incorporate them into your holiday festivities:
1. Candy Garland
Create a festive candy garland by stringing together candy canes, chocolate ornaments, and other small candies. Hang the garland on your Christmas tree, staircase, or mantel for a sweet and colorful touch.
2. Candy Wreath
Instead of a traditional evergreen wreath, make a wreath out of wrapped candies. Use a foam wreath form as the base and attach the candies with hot glue. Hang the candy wreath on your front door or use it as a centerpiece for your holiday table.
3. Candy Centerpieces
Create eye-catching centerpieces by filling glass vases or bowls with colorful candies. You can mix and match different types of candies to create a visually appealing display. Place these candy centerpieces on your dining table, coffee table, or kitchen counter.
4. Candy Advent Calendar
Add a sweet twist to the traditional advent calendar by filling each day’s compartment with a small candy or chocolate. This will make the countdown to Christmas even more exciting for both children and adults.
5. Candy Place Settings
Personalize your holiday table by incorporating candy into your place settings. Tie a small candy cane or chocolate ornament to each guest’s napkin with a festive ribbon. This small touch will make your guests feel special and add a touch of sweetness to the meal.
Christmas decorations candy adds a touch of sweetness and whimsy to your holiday celebrations. From candy canes to chocolate ornaments, there are numerous options to choose from. Get creative and incorporate candy into your Christmas decor with candy garlands, wreaths, centerpieces, advent calendars, and place settings. Let your imagination run wild and create a festive and delicious atmosphere for your family and friends to enjoy.
1. Where did the tradition of hanging candy canes on Christmas trees originate?
The tradition of hanging candy canes on Christmas trees originated in Germany in the 17th century. A choirmaster in Cologne created the first candy canes to keep children quiet during the long Christmas nativity service.
2. What are some popular choices of Christmas decorations candy?
Some popular choices of Christmas decorations candy include candy canes, chocolate ornaments, gingerbread houses, marshmallow snowmen, and peppermint bark.
3. How can I incorporate Christmas decorations candy into my holiday festivities?
You can incorporate Christmas decorations candy into your holiday festivities by creating candy garlands, candy wreaths, candy centerpieces, candy advent calendars, and candy place settings.
4. Can I make my own Christmas decorations candy?
Yes, you can make your own Christmas decorations candy. Gingerbread houses, marshmallow snowmen, and peppermint bark are just a few examples of DIY Christmas decorations candy.
5. Are there any alternative options for those who don’t like candy?
If you or your loved ones don’t like candy, there are alternative options for Christmas decorations. You can use ornaments made of fabric, wood, or other materials to create a festive atmosphere.